Responsibilities of the Bishop and his office
The first responsibility of the Bishop is to carry out the mission of Christ as an apostle, exercising the three-fold office of Christ of sanctifying, Teaching and Governing. (Canon 375). He is the successor of the apostles and is responsible as the head of a particular church for shepherding the people of God towards the Kingdom of God. This takes the most part of His daily Ministry.
Exercising his governing office, he counts on several organs, which collaborate with Him, in what refers to the general administration of the Diocese.
The Bishop’s office, as the central office carry’s out:
- Coordinating and harmonizing the parishes’ various services and programs.
- Facilitating the parishes.
- Liaising and interacting with the government and its agencies, NGOs as well as other faith institutions in the Diocese/Districts.
- Coordination of internal policies and interpretation of National policies of the Catholic Church.
- Promoting values and ideas of the Catholic church to the grassroots that is in the parishes.
- Liaison with other diocese, institutions, and relevant national and international bodies.
- To ensure that the mission and vision of the diocese are implemented fully.
- To ensure all the necessary information has been disseminated to the parishes.
- Advocacy and lobbying at diocesan policy Development levels are imbued in the Christians.
- To coordinate communication between the Diocese and Kenya Catholic Secretariat.
- To ensure the Catholic Teachings have been taught and understood in the parishes and in the grassroots.
- To ensure that all the departments carry their responsibilities accordingly and to the expectations of the Diocese.
- Follow-up appointments and approval of various Boards help in the running of diocesan institutions
- Follow-up suggestions from the Board of consultors as well as trustees of the diocese.
- It acts as the link between the Christians and the Donors/Partners.
BOARD OF CONSULTORS
- Rt. Rev. Joseph Mwongela
- Very Rev. Fr. John Mwandi
- Rev. Fr. Jeremiah Munyoki
- Rev. Fr. Julius Muthamba
- Rev. Fr. Benson Katua
- Rev. Fr. Edward Mulwa
- Rev. Fr. Bernard Masila
HEADS OF DEPARTMENT
|Vicar General||Very Rev. Fr. John Mwandi|
|Pastoral Department||Rev. Fr. Joseph Kongo|
|Vocations Director||Rev. Edward Mulwa|
|Pontifical Mission Society Director||Rev. Fr. Edward Mulwa|
|Education Secretary||Rev. Fr. Julius Muthamba|
|Caritas Director||Ms. Florence Ndeti|
|Health Co-ordinator||Sr. Monica Mukui|
|Finance Administrator||Rev. Fr. Charles Maingi|
|CWA chaplain||Rev. Fr. Josepha Ndunda|
|C.M.A Chaplain||Rev. Fr. Paul Mathenge|
|Youth Chaplain||Rev. Fr. SimonPeter Kitute|
“Your Will be done” is our driving force as we carry with our apostolate of evangelization to all
- 11th March – Diocesan YCS Mass
- 12th March – Confirmation Nuu Parish
- 18th March – Prayer Day, Matinyani Sec.
- 19th March – Confirmation – Ikutha Zone
- 25th March – Diocesan PMC Mass
- 26th March – Confirmation, Kamutei Zome