The parish started in the year 1959 on 4th May with very few Christians but it gradually increased its population and currently it has four zones; 23 outstations and over 18,090 baptized Christians. The Parish is headed by Rev. Fr. Benson Katua.
The parish has the following pastoral programmes/ support bodies:
- Empowerment Teams promoting self reliance alongside formation of the faith
- Boma support /groups individual who support parish programmes and development projects
- Others are Pontifical Missionary Childhood, CWA, CMA, Youth, Catholic Teacher Association (CTA) and small Christian Communities.