The first Missionaries to evangelize Kitui were Holy Ghost Fathers from Kabaa (Machakos) in early 1930s. Also, by the time the Holy Ghost Fathers were introducing Christianity in Kitui, the Consolata Missionaries from Meru were evangelizing in the northern region of Kitui (now Kimangau). The first Mission house was built in 1945 at Mutune. Kitui Apostolic Prefecture was curved from the Archdiocese of Nairobi in 1956 under care of St. Patrick's Kiltegan Missionaries,
- Love for God, Love of Neighbor.
- Life and dignity of the human person.
- Care for the poor/vulnerable
- Solidarity, community and participation.
- Call to family.
- Faithfulness, Peace and Forgiveness.
- Honesty, Integrity and Responsible stewardship.
- Care for Gods’ creation
- Social Justice