Sustenance, Innovation and Transformation!
Caritas Kitui is the Social and Development arm of the Catholic Diocese of Kitui and we are its charged with the mandate of pastoral action. It mainly focuses on integral human development and social transformation advocating for a more just society with participation of those affected and our actions are geared towards Sustenance, Innovation and Transformation.
In both small and big ways Caritas Kitui strives to mitigate against the various challenges facing the community through various partners and friends by providing home grown solutions for communities in various efforts such as capacity building exercises for communities, improvement of livelihoods e.g. upgrading of small livestock, provision of water structures, advocacy for good governance practices and transparency and accountability for public funds. Caritas Kitui is also extensively involved in humanitarian assistance within Kitui County.
Currently CARITAS Kitui is implementing the following projects
- Protracted Relief & Recovery Operations – PRRO (Funded by WFP & GOK)
- Climate Resilience Agriculture – Matchfund III (Funded by CAFOD & DFID)
- UKAM – Community Resilience & Climate Change adaptation (Funded by TROCAIRE & DFID)
- Kitui Integrated Food Security Program – IFSP (Funded by CAFOD)
- Integrated Risk Reduction Project (Funded by Miserior)
- Mtunze Punda Daima (Funded by Brooke East Africa)
- Improved Water Management for food security and livelihoods process (Funded by Archdiocese of St. Paul & Minneapolis)
Governance and Advocacy
- Madini Yetu Wajibu wetu (Funded by DIAKONIA)
- AMKENI WAKENYA – Enhancing Public participation, human Rights and access to Justice (Funded by UNDP)
- CAFOD Research & Advocacy Project (Funded by CAFOD)
- Enhancing Opportunities for Women Enterprises – EOWE (Funded by SNV)
Energy, Climate Change & Environment
- Carbon Offset Project (Funded by FASTENOPFER)
- Irish AID – Sustainable National Resource Management (Funded by TROCAIRE)