We are currently having Four sponsorship projects. The following are the numbers of sponsored children as per programme and category;
- Lessons for life 753 Students
- Rathgar 8 students from Kyuso Parish
- Save a child 39
- Lilian Fonds 59
- We have few students being involved in indispline issues in schools, mostly the male students. This year alone, three cases have been reported. We are dealing with this together with the teachers in the respective schools.
- We also have teenage pregnancies among our sponsored girls. For the last three years, we have five girls who had to discontinue their studies to go and nurse their pregnancies and later babies. By the time they go back to school, they are behind by at least a year and have a child at home to worry about. This is quite worrying. A lot of counseling needs to be done these students.
There are four candidates for this Years KCPE, 75 KCSE, 9 students completing Diploma colleges this year.
- The overall plan is good. Most of what they came up with are the things we can implement. however there are few things we need to do differently
- the number of schools we are working with needs to be reduced. we seem to have the biggest mumber of schools compared to the other organization by 46.5% (93 against 200) This is a big percentage bearing in mind that we are one organization against forteen organizations. there is need to identify the few schools we will be working with.
- The plan requires us to include child protection activities in the programme so as to ensure that their rights are safeguarded. We would liketo know which activities and methodology. Creation of awareness, trainings etc.
- They have also said that they will directly manage the students in tertially trainings and also work directly with secondary and primary schools.